Pages

Thursday 13 March 2014

Statistics = My Worst Nightmare!

Hey Guys n Gals,

Hope you are all well and enjoying the sunshine, I actually had forgotten what the sun looked like, it’s been so long since we’ve seen any. I thought I’d give you a quick update from my last blog which is my tooth still hasn’t been fully fixed but is expected to be today – grr. I hate the dentist with a passion now, I’m virtually living there atm. Since my last blog it has broken a further two times, but hopefully by tonight I will have a full set of working teeth- keep them crossed for me! Since last time I’ve also had an update on my tiredness and everything which was looked at in that sleep test I had to do, basically all I have is a Vitamin D deficiency, which is due to the lack of sunlight my skin absorbs, which makes sense 1. due to the weather and 2. Because the natural shade of my skin, seriously I’m paler than Casper the ghost.


 I am now approaching the end of my degree, which I am terrified about, purely because I have no idea where I’m going to go from here and to be honest I’m not actually ready to go out into the big wide world- ick! I had my interview for the MSc Therapeutic Counselling course and got a conditional offer of a 2:1, so unfortunately this university may be stuck with me for a while mwahaha. But we will see what happens with my grade classification first.


Now as this title of my blog suggests, statistics is something which is really getting on my nerves in my dissertation, I’d literally be sorted with my project is it wasn’t for stats- it is the biggest pain in my life. The sad thing is that I’ve actually been told to do one of the simplest statistical analyses ever, yet still using SPSS my brain just won’t grasp it. So I decided to take action and I bought my new ‘bible’ which is Psychology Statistics for Dummies, which I realise I can’t really reference in my dissertation because it will make me look like a doughnut. But seriously anyone in the same boat as me, I promise this book is the answer. It will probably pretty soon become my lifesaver (once I stop putting off doing statistics altogether- seriously I could find any excuse to put it off, I tidied my room the other day to stop from doing it). So yeah if any of you are like me it is definitely worth buying, I know it may not be the most advanced statistical manual ever made but at least it makes sense and doesn't talk in some advanced language which no one understands.


So seriously go and buy it! Right ladies and gents that’s it from me for today, I will be back to talk to you at the end of the month, where not only am I going to be turning 21 but will also hopefully of finished my dissertation.

Take care,

Xoxo

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment