Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Waking Up in Vegas…

Hi Lovelies,

How have you all been? It feels like absolutely years ago since I last wrote a blog for you guys but it was actually just last month. Since last time, I have been on my amazing trip to America which truly was unbelievable, so I thought I would tell you all about it, in two parts because I did quite a bit. I just went for two weeks in the end but it feels like I was gone for ages because we just did so so much.


We started off in Las Vegas, which was crazy and incredible at the same time. Wherever you look there is something going on. All the hotels are unique and have different themes, so I saw the Treasure Island show which was kind of cheesy but totally the kind of thing I love, we saw the Mandalay Bay fountains and the gondolas in The Venetian, we also saw Queen’s We Will Rock You played on the largest TV screen in the whole world with 250 speakers blaring it out – just amazing! There were times when I feared for my life like when we took a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon which even though was beautiful and a sight I was really desperate to see, I did not like the ride one bit. As you know I am terrified of flying and the pilot thought it would be hilarious to turn us at a 90 degree angle without his hands on anything to demonstrate how safe the helicopter was and would level itself out again, whilst I appreciate he was doing this for my benefit to help me calm down. It didn’t at all as I screamed, which was muffled by my headphones but everyone else on the helicopter heard it loud and clear through their’s, including the pilot who laughed.  


Next we visited Death Valley & Yosemite National Park (the home of Yogi Bear) and we were told initially that we would be extremely unlikely to see any bears. So I decided to become my families own personal ranger and on the drive back to the hotel one day I finally spotted a bear and her cub, upon doing so I screamed ‘OMG STOP DAD IT’S A BEAR, TURN AROUND’ and so my dad conducted a U-turn and I flew out of the car with my camera and just wearing a bikini (as I had been swimming in a lake) and pelted it towards the bear, which they advise not to do because they get really aggressive and protective, especially with cubs around. But the bears actually ran away from me and up a hill, whilst some other tourists who had spotted them appeared traumatised by the sight of me running towards them in a bikini. I was so excited and happy I spotted them that I actually forgot to take a photo- my bad. And I’m not sure whether or not I should be worried about the fact I am capable of chasing off bears when it’s usually considered hard to do so. Oops.

So that is part one of my American adventure, believe me it gets worse and I scream a lot more in the next one as well. Hope you are all having a great summer and remember Main Clearing is now open so you can call us on 020 8331 9000 or come and stop by to visit us at our clearing receptions at Greenwich (QM) and Avery Hill (Mansion site).

Take Care,
Laura


PS. I’m starting to suffer with jetlag. Zzzz


No comments:

Post a Comment