Pages

Monday 14 October 2013

Halloween is on its Way :)


Hey Lovelies,

Hope you are all well and weren't taken down by the annual ‘Fresher’s flu’, I am a little bit sad following on from my last blog as the 90’s kid in me didn't get to go to the Fresher’s ball and relive her younger days watching S Club 7 perform, because she forgot to buy a ticket- but I’m sure I will get over it lol. For those of you who did go, how was it?

One thing I am really excited about is Halloween, which as a child I always used to dress up for every year, but when I turned 12 I stopped, who am I kidding? When I turned 16 I stopped! But this year I have been invited to my boyfriend’s families Halloween party and I can’t wait to go all out. I have decided to dress up as a scary doll and am going to wear a black plaited wig, now I’m not sure if you have seen my previous photos of me, but you will notice I am VERY pale naturally and I have been blonde my whole life, so when I wear this wig that in itself makes me look terrifying and really doesn't suit me, so with the rest of the costume I am going to look very scary. I will be sure to post some photos once we have had the party so you can see just what I mean


Kind of along the line of Halloween I wanted to talk to you all about a module I am doing in my third year which is one of the ones which I have chosen which is named ‘Exceptional Human Experience’ and is basically a course on peoples experiences which are exceptional to everyday life (basically what it says in the name haha). It covers experiences such as poltergeists’, spirits, mediumship, hypnosis, experiences during sleep, alien encounters, near death experiences etc. The course is really unique and I wasn't sure what to expect from it, but I am really enjoying it and it has been interesting to see what experiences some individuals have, it’s good because as well as exploring the paranormal explanations we look at the normal explanations for these experiences so we get to look at both sides. So if any of you first years or second years on the psychology programme are wondering what to do in your third year, this is a course I’d recommend. It’s usually taught by Dr David Luke but this year it is being taught by Dr Simon Sherwood.

That’s all today guys, I will blog at the end of the month with pictures from the Halloween party we had. I’ll speak to all of you soon,

Take Care

Xoxo


Laura 

No comments:

Post a Comment