Pages

Monday 22 April 2013

Laura Says Relax!



 Hey Lovelies,

Hope you are all ay okay and are all enjoying the sunshine that is finally here! Now not long until we break up for summer and for all you third years you get to graduate!!!! But unfortunately before we can think about that we have to think about the dreaded E word, last blog I spoke to you guys about revision techniques and this blog I will be talking about stress relieving and making time to relax during exam season, which trust me, I know is easier said than done.

  • The most important thing when revising is to give yourself a break, don’t sit there for all day and night because it is unlikely your brain will process a lot of information, if it is anything like mine it will start to frazzle haha. So every hour – 1 hour and a half get up and walk somewhere, go outside, get some drinks/snacks and give yourself a chance to process the info you just read.
  • Whilst exam season does include a lot of heavy hours, make sure you do assign at least a couple of days a few weeks before exams to do nothing exam related- go shopping, meet up with friends etc., I know we are students but we need to make sure we don’t overload ourselves because the chances are if we do we may start to really panic and become over anxious.
  • When it comes to just before an exam- BREATHE, soooo obvious but really important haha if we panic too much and our minds race at trying to think about what we can remember and this can cause an even bigger distraction. Stay focussed but remember the calmer you are the easier it will be to remember information. One of my biggest tips will be don’t linger right outside the exam room beforehand if you do you will become over anxious and hear what other people have revised and panic can build.


So guys those are some very simple but useful tips I can offer you in terms of not getting over-stressed. But I know you will all do great! This weekend I am giving myself a break and on Saturday I am going to Norfolk to see my lovely second cousin Rachel who I grew up with and haven’t seen for absolute years so that will be amazing and I’m really excited about it J


I hope whatever you guys get up to this weekend, you have a lovely one and if you are revising remember what I said ;) I will speak to you all again soon about how to make use of your time in exams and also my third year psychology choices which I choose on Monday – aaaah. If I don’t speak to you before good luck.

Take Care Lovelies,

Xoxo

L


No comments:

Post a Comment