Pages

Thursday 21 March 2013

Almost Easter…


Hey Lovelies,

Hope you are all ok and just think for the majority of us, 1 more week to go :) Yay, the Easter holidays are almost here!! Mum asked me if I was too old to have an Easter egg, obviously I answered ‘no I am never too old’ honestly who is too old to have a chocolate egg?? But this year Easter Sunday is particularly special because it is also a certain someone’s 20th birthday, no names but *cough*Laura*cough* ----  so not only do I get chocolate eggs this year but presents as well, I am mega excited !

So, a lot has been happening at the moment with me, firstly I’m sure like many of you, there has been a mad panic rush to get all of my work in before the Easter break, I can’t believe when we are back it is exam season, where did this academic year go ? I managed to get my Lab Report 3 in on time (The Paranormal Project) so I am relieved !!

Secondly, I went for an interview for Childline to be a volunteer counsellor and I got it :D, although some calls I know will be tough I’m looking forward to getting experience and helping those who need it. Anyone on the Psychology with Counselling course I would definitely recommend applying to any organisation like this to volunteer your time once a week, not only are you helping others but you are also making yourself stand out in a very competitive area of work.

The reason I am posting my blog this week instead of next is because I am going to hospital for the week, not to have an operation or anything serious like that. Basically I have been noticing I have been really tired these past few months even when I have slept a whole night through, I was literally falling asleep everywhere and eventually I realised it wasn’t just the amount of work we had to do which was making me tired LOL.


I have now been diagnosed with something called REM behaviour disorder -I know, I had no idea what that was either- but it basically means in the REM stage of sleep (the part where we dream) I am partially conscious and am basically missing out on a certain part of my sleep mentally even though physically I appear to be sleeping. Next week I am going for a sleep study to monitor it and will then be on tablets, but I am totally fine just very sleepy. The only downer is I have to wear electrodes on my head for a night or two ha-ha I’m going to look stunning. I’m sure you will see a photo of me like it in one of the blogs in April, as my friends are set on taking a photo of me and putting it on Facebook, how embarrassing.

Right guys that’s it from me for this term, I will be blogging in April with an update from my sleep study and also with some tips to keep calm during revision and exam stress. I hope you all have an amazing break and I will talk to you really soon. Have a fab Easter hols.




Xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment