Pages

Friday 28 September 2012

Macmillan at UoG

Hey Guys
So I’m baaack !! I hope all of you new fresher’s have had an amazing time settling into the university, I got to meet a few of you and you all seem to be doing really well. Fresher’s week has been sooooo good , I realise technically the events were for Fresher’s but I thought why not join in ?? So there I was at the Fresher’s fair going round all the tables collecting all the freebies I could possibly find, I realise I may have looked as a scavenger but they were FREE who wouldn’t right??
On the same day at Fresher’s Avery Hill I was also selling cakes with my colleagues for Macmillan Cancer Support, so if you had a blonde curly haired girl come up to you asking (forcing) you to buy a cake that would have been me ;). I was also having to blow up balloons and decorate the campus for it, I blew up so many balloons I am actually surprised I still have air left in my lungs, honestly I thought I would pass out. So me and my fellow Enquiry Unit assistant member Binal basically decided not many people were noticing we were selling cakes at first, so in order to promote ourselves we hijacked a table in the Dome and started selling them there, we even stole their green balloons someone eventually discovered we weren’t technically supposed to be there so we got our table taken away from us, but hey we made some extra money for the charity, so it’s all good.

 I hope you will also be happy to hear I was successful in staying on with the Enquiry Unit Assistant, Boooyaaaah !!,  so I now have a permanent job here, which I am so happy about because I love the team I work with, and of course getting to help you guys out with any queries you may have J
My second year started up again on Monday, I honestly sat in the lecture thinking my head was going to explode, honestly I think over the summer I forgot what numbers were and also how to write, haha. But I am getting there I think it’s taking my brain some time to actually kick into gear though, I can tell this year is going to be a toughie though (der der dern), I will keep you all updated on how I get on though. But on the plus side I am so happy to be back, and reunited with my best friends Jack and Amy, I think together we may just be able to get through this!

I hope you guys are enjoying the 2012/2013 year so far, I know I certainly am, I know sometimes it can be over whelming but trust me we can get through this together.

Speak to you soon lovelies,
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment